- Client owned turn-of-the century coal-fired generating plant in Baltimore’s Westport neighborhood
- The property had been vacant for over a decade, and the client had to address the uncertainty of the environmental liabilities. Multiple re-use studies had failed to generate a solution
- Actio brought together the local stakeholders, crafting a reuse concept that would drive activity at the property
- To make development of the site more attractive, Actio designed a plan and concept for the City that combined the site with an adjacent (bankrupt) glass bottle plant
- The planning effort attracted high developer interest which culminated in the assemblage of the entire waterfront by one developer.
- The client was able to complete a sale, under terms that indemnified the client from any ongoing environmental liabilities.